Which NFL Draft pick is considered the worst and biggest bust of all time? The answer really depends if you are a fan of one of the teams that made one of the Top 10 worst picks. The topic of Cam Newton brings up the discussion on whether or not he will be at or near the top of this list of terrible NFL drafts picks in a few years. Many of these quarterbacks had significant potential but mentally did not have the toughness or work ethic to be even moderately successful. It takes a decade to decide if an NFL Quarterback will be considered among the best ever.
Here are 10 of the worst NFL Quarterback draft picks of all time:
· Jamarcus Russell (2007) – Picked #1 by the Oakland Raiders
· Ryan Leaf (1998) – 2nd overall pick by the San Diego Chargers
· David Carr (2002) – Picked #1 by the Houston Texans
· Tim Couch (1999) – Picked #1 by the Cleveland Browns
· Akili Smith (1999) – 3rd overall pick by the Cincinnati Bengals
· Jim Druckenmiller (1997) – 26th overall pick by San Francisco 49ers (1st QB)
· Heath Shuler (1994) – 3rd overall pick by the Washington Redskins
· Joey Harrington (2002) – 3rd overall pick by the Detroit Lions
· Cade McNown (1999) – 12th overall pick by the Chicago Bears
· Matt Leinart (2006) – 10th overall pick by the Arizona Cardinals
Will Cam Newton make this list or will he shine in the NFL?