Have you caught yourself watching curling for hours? Just in case you actually want to know a few facts about the game here are five things you should know:
· Two teams of four players take turns sliding heavy, polished blue hone granite stone across the ice towards the house and closest to the Button (center).
· The purpose is to complete each end (Olympics – Ten Stones) with the team's stones closer to the centre of the house than the other team's stones.
· Two sweepers with brooms or brushes accompany each stone to help direct the stones to their resting place, but without touching the stones.
· The game of curling is thought to have been invented in late medieval Scotland, with the first written reference to a contest using stones on ice coming from the records of Paisley Abbey in 1541.
· Curling has been an official sport in the Winter Olympic Games since the 1998 Winter Olympics.
Here is a list of the Best Olympic Athletes of All Time. Game on.