Faslist.com on Facebook
Faslist.com Daily Blog | All posts tagged 'stress'


Apr 26 2011

Top 10 Most Stressful Jobs

Category: The List Ninja @ 20:13

Which jobs would you put in the Top 10 most stressful careers?  Some careers are not what automatically come to mind when you think of jobs that would make the list.  Since April is Stress Awareness month, the folks at CareerCast conducted a survey of over 200 jobs to rank the stress level in each career.  If you are located in a great location like San Diego or Hawaii  – Is your stress level reduced?

Here are the Top 10 Most Stressful jobs according to the survey:

1.     Commercial Pilot

2.     Public Relations Officer

3.     Corporate Executive (Senior)

4.     Photojournalist

5.     Newscaster

6.     Advertising Account Executive

7.     Architect

8.     Stockbroker

9.     Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)

10.     Real Estate Agent

What job or careers do think is missing from this Top 10 list?  Did your job make the list?

 

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

May 8 2010

Making Lists reduces Stress and other things to know

Category: Best List | Best of | facts | new list | Tips | triviaThe List Ninja @ 21:27

Is stress and anxiety keeping you from being your best?  The anxiety of tomorrow can be taxing for most.  The leading cause of stress is money but we still continue to go shopping for deals.  There are studies that show that 3 of 7 drink a glass of wine to take the edge off.  Having your beverage of choice should not be a tool to relieve stress in the ideal world.  Here are a few things you should know about stress and anxiety:

ü  Over 24% of people feel like their stress level is an 8 on a scale up to 10

ü  39% feel anxiety about paying all of their bills on monthly basis

ü  The number of people that check their e-mail of vacation is 38%

ü  Loss of sleep due to anxiety is a leading contributor to stress

ü  37% feel significant holiday stress

Knowing the causes does not always stop stress but it can help address the issue.  So make sure you get enough sleep and exercise in order to make sure that you physically and mentally prepared to take on the world. 

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Apr 25 2010

5 Things to Know about Stress and Anxiety

Category: Best List | Best of | facts | Tips | triviaThe List Ninja @ 16:12

Having a tough day? Keep going you will figure it out. Stress and anxiety contribute to some of the world's most concerning situations.  Anxiety is based on what you think may happen, not what has actually happened.  So whether your stresses are about money, family or the latest news – sometimes the best thing to do is step back and put everything in perspective.  Here are a few random facts about stress and anxiety.  

·         One in four Americans takes a “Mental health day” to cope with stress costing employers approximately $602 per year.

·         Stress for high school and college students is five times higher than it was during the Great Depression.

·         62% of Americans are stressed about work (I guess the other 38% don’t work J)

·         Britney Spears, Mariah Carey and Lindsay Lohan have all been hospitalized for stress in the past few years.

·         Swearing accounts for 80 of the 15,000 words an average person speaks on any given day

So since April is Stress Awareness month, realize that the number one thing you can control is your reaction to the situation at hand. 

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Faslist.com on Facebook
Blog Directory
Feed great Pet Food that's organic. This site is listed under Internet Directory Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory Promote Your Blog Blog search directory Free web directory FasList - Best & Top Lists - Blogged Entertainment Blogs - Blog RankingsBlog DirectoryToday.comBusiness Directory for Charlotte, North Carolina Add to My Yahoo!Dmegs Web DirectoryDirectory World

Allthewebsites Directory - A niche web directory offering website promotion and other webmaster resources.

Ping my blog Free tag generatorGetBlogs Blog Directorya href="http://www.feednuts.com/feed.php?feedID=4">feedNuts Feed ProfileTopOfBlogsBlog Directory by Blog Flux
ListNinja - Find me on Bloggers.comBlog and pingLinkDirectory OctoFinder< a href='http://www.rssmob.com/' > Rss Mob Directory< /a >

RSS Feed Directory - Search and read RSS Feeds without any RSS reader.