As we sit down to fill out our NCAA brackets there are a few trends we should consider before we let emotion take over. Each year, the men’s NCAA basketball tournament brackets are the hot topic for a few days to determine who will be the king of bracketology. So remember these five facts before filling out your brackets:
· A #16 seed has never beaten a #1 seed – Sad but true, don’t think this year will different
· Underdogs struggle in the second round – Not always in line with the seeding so know the spread.
· Only 6 teams ranked #1 entering the tournament have won the championship
· Only four #2 seeds have lost in first round since 1985 – Will 2010 be #5?
· A #1 seed has won the tournament 14 of the last 24 years.
So fill out your brackets and compete against your friends. Will one of the players we watch this year end up on the list of the Best NBA Player ever? Who’s the next Jordan, Magic or Bird? Best of luck with your bracket.