Which sports team pays the most on a annual basis to the average team player? Even more interesting is that the most popular sport in the United States is missing from this Top 10 list. The most popular European soccer teams have the most fans worldwide which provides the revenue for several of the teams on this Top 10 list. An NFL team does not make the list until #70 with the Washington Redskins.
Top 10 Sports Teams with the highest annual average salary per player:
1. Barcelona $7,910,737 (annual average salary per player)
2. Real Madrid $7,356,632
3. New York Yankees $6,756,301
4. Los Angeles Lakers $6,540,690
5. Orlando Magic $6,367,114
6. Chelsea $6,020,741
7. Inter Milan $5,999,643
8. Boston Red Sox $5,991,203
9. Denver Nuggets $5,990,174
10. Manchester City $5,863,585
Which of the teams most surprises you on this list compiled by Sporting Intelligence?