Hip-Hip has been good to those artists that have managed their careers as a business. Many artists focus on having a good time and dismiss the business part of the process until it is too late. This recent list by Forbes is a great example of Top Hip-Hop artists that kept their careers in balance. In the coming years, it would not be surprising if one of these artists wrote a top selling business book.
Here are the Top 5 Earning Hip-Hop / Rap Artists of 2012:
1. Sean “Diddy” Combs – $550 Million
- Multiple sources of income like music, Ciroc vodka and clothing
2. Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter - $460 Million
- Reportedly earned $204 Million from Rocawear and $150 Million from LiveNation
3. Andre “Dr. Dre” Young - $260 Million
- Reportedly earned $300 Million from his part in Beats Electronics
4. Bryan “Birdman” Williams - $125 Million
- Cofounder of Cash Money Records supporting artists like Lil Wayne and Nikki Minaj
5. Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson - $110 Million
- Reportedly made over $100 Million from Vitamin water
Which artist do you think will be next on this list?