Having a tough day? Keep going you will figure it out. Stress and anxiety contribute to some of the world's most concerning situations. Anxiety is based on what you think may happen, not what has actually happened. So whether your stresses are about money, family or the latest news – sometimes the best thing to do is step back and put everything in perspective. Here are a few random facts about stress and anxiety.
· One in four Americans takes a “Mental health day” to cope with stress costing employers approximately $602 per year.
· Stress for high school and college students is five times higher than it was during the Great Depression.
· 62% of Americans are stressed about work (I guess the other 38% don’t work J)
· Britney Spears, Mariah Carey and Lindsay Lohan have all been hospitalized for stress in the past few years.
· Swearing accounts for 80 of the 15,000 words an average person speaks on any given day
So since April is Stress Awareness month, realize that the number one thing you can control is your reaction to the situation at hand.