Is your CEO on this list? It was a down year for CEO’s, so many are clipping coupons to make ends meet since they made a few million less. Technology, entertainment and health care lead the list according to USA Today of the companies shelling out the most money for the services of their Chief Executive Officer. Are any of the highest paid CEO’s running any of the companies on the Best Places to Work? – Probably not, so here is the list for you to determine if they are worth it:
· Mark Hurd, Hewlett Packard – Total Compensation: $24,201,448
· William Weldon, Johnson & Johnson – Total Compensation: $22,830,834
· Miles White, Abbot Laboratories – Total Compensation: $21,927,989
· Robert Iger, Walt Disney – Total Compensation: $21,578,471
· Samuel Palmisano, IBM – Total Compensation: $21,159,289
Shouldn’t one of the CEO’s be on the Best Places to Work in 2009?