The invention of the debit card has changed the way we use cash. It is so easy to pull out your debit card and punch in your PIN and be on your way (Just make sure you keep up with your bank account balance!). Before we get to the Top 5 places not to use your debit card, take a moment and check out the Best Financial Websites for additional tips. Keep in mind that every time you use your debit card it pulls directly from your bank account. So put away your debit card in these 5 situations:
· Online Purchases – Always use a credit card for additional protection
· Deposits – Do not use your bank account for a deposit you may never use
· Restaurants – The transaction is done out of site (we learned this first hand)
· Non-Bank ATM’s - Unless you are desperate for cash, do not use a 3rd party ATM
· Expensive Purchased – Get points and protection with a credit card.
It may seem that we endorse credit cards, but we do recognize that they also come with their own set of issues. We do recommend paying off your balance on your credit cards so you do not pay additional interest. Be Smart. Be Safe.