Taxes & Death, well you know how it goes. Time to start putting together all of your deductions for the past year and get ready for the tax man. We have put together a list of a few tax deductions that are either new or sometimes forgotten about. Check this list to see if you qualify.
· American Opportunity Credit - Can be claimed for 2009 or 2010 college tuition, text books and even computers.
· Residential Energy Property Credit - Incentives provided to homeowners who make energy-efficient upgrades to their homes.
· Making Work Pay Credit - The Tax Policy Center estimates that 75% of all taxpayers filing their returns this year will benefit from the credit.
· Homebuyer Credit - $8,000 in credit only if you bought your first house in 2009, the law has been expanded to include any new homes purchased by April 30, 2010.
· New Car Credit - Deduct state and local taxes paid on new vehicles bought from Feb. 17, 2009 through the end of last year.
If you are looking to file online, here is a list of the Best Online Tax Services so that you find every deduction.