New boyfriend or girlfriend? You may want to discuss a few items before you get too deep into infatuation. Life is too short to be stuck in a bad relationship that is going nowhere. Opposites attract like two cars in a head on collision. You do not have to be alike but you do want to have an appreciation for your partner's position on key topics. Here is a short list of topics to discuss with a few tips on evaluating your current situation:
1. Do you like/want/can you have kids? If you want kids and they don’t or the other way around – Not a good fit. Children Need parents (both) that will provide a path to a fruitful life.
2. Do you have your own friends? Will our friends get along? Being able to have friends that get along and a trust worthy can lead to many good times for all. Either not having friends or being surrounded by slackers can drag on relationship.
3. Money – Frugal/Cheap/Lavish? Having similar money aspirations and spending habits will prevent headaches, arguments and grief.
4. Where do the draw the line on moral issues? We all can self-justify many different decisions. Make sure that your partner’s line is close to yours so that you know what to expect in different situations.
5. Home body or traveler? Neither is better but you do want to have similar expectations of what you will do with your time as a couple.
Best of luck - We are still trying to figure it out also – If you are looking for new love try our list of Best and Top Ranked Dating Websites in order to find that special someone. Most have a free trial.